Monday, January 26, 2009

iGoogle



I have installed all kids of widgets already. I have a quick view of my hotmail inbox and my calender of upcoming events. I have also added Google Reader and Delicious widgets. These are great to have on my iGoogle page because I can look at so many different pages at once. One problem I'm having is that because there are so many widgets on my page it takes a while for everything to load, this also might have to do with a weak internet connection.

I have also added a weather application because I love to know how much hotter it is here then at home, and I have a dual clock that shows me the time at home and my local time.

I have added two countdowns, one is counting down the seconds until the Superbowl kickoff, and the other is counting down the days until my birthday, which also happens to be the day after I get back to Canada, and it's also the date I'll be all finished school !!!

I also have sports headlines, live scores, world news, and a converter(for temperature, weight, and speed conversions etc.)

I see myself using all these widgets in the future because they show me the information I check most frequently. As a teacher it will be important to stay updated on current events, and it will be good to have quick access to Google Reader, especially if you have your students blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,
    I'm glad that we've figured out how to link to your blog; you're no longer the mysterious guy in my ECMP class that is living across the sea haha!
    Sounds like your birthday is going to be exciting this year! Have a blast :)
    -Robin
    http://metro-racer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    I just want to let you know how envious (in a good way) I am of what you are doing. That is so great to take your education some where else for a semester - bravo to you! I look forward to following your blog :)
    -Dionne

    ReplyDelete