Monday, February 23, 2009

Mentorship Blueprints and Success on Skype !

I guess it was over a week ago already, but I used Skype for the first time to talk to Carey Pohanka in Virginia. It worked great and I've used it since to talk to friends in Florida, Texas, New Brunswick, and Australia. I'm hoping my mom and dad can get it set up so I can talk to them too.

I've started playing with some ideas of what I hope to accomplish with Carey's grade 6 Geography class. She sent me a link to the online text book they use, which is awesome, and I found a chapter that focuses on culture and religion in Southeast Asia. Perfect. That's where I am right now.

So, I want to put a mini unit together, three or four lessons, and teach the unit to her class while I'm still in Malaysia. Maybe a little crazy, but we're both ready to give it a try and I'm pretty excited.

So far we've set up a shared account using Google Docs, I've visited the schools online website, and we've used Skype. (plus email, but I don't think that counts anymore)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, talk about taking charge! That will be such a great experience for you :)
    I'm glad to see you're posting more; it's great to hear from you. Talk to you Wednesday,
    -Robin

    ReplyDelete